Bicycle Friendly Business
ATP representatives can help you gain recognition for your efforts to promote bicycle programs among employees and residents through the Bicycle Friendly Business program sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists.
Why be bike friendly?
- Healthy employees are are more likely to arrive on time, be more productive and use less sick leave.
- Reduces your company’s carbon footprint
- Supports a sustainable business plan and promotes a positive community impact
- Employers who appreciate workers’ personal needs have less employee turnover
- Supporting bike commuting is less expensive than an in-office fitness facility
- Healthier employees can reduce health insurance costs
- Bike commuting can be substituted for the gym, helping employees stay fit and healthy.
- Reduces your need for vehicle parking spaces, as well as fleet vehicle costs and taxi expenses
- Reduces your company’s fleet vehicle costs and taxi expenses
- Employees will see commuting as personal time to relax instead of increasing stress
Should your company apply for a Bicycle Friendly Business title?
Take a quick quiz to see if your business should apply. Each business that applies will receive a 'bicycle survival' kit from BikeArlington. The kit includes a pump, patch kits, spare tubes etc. The online application can be found here.
Arlington’s Bicycle Friendly Business Award Winners
- Revolution Cycles City Hub (Crystal City)
- Arlington County Government
- Corporate Executive Board
- Crystal City Business Improvement District
- Destination Sales & Marketing Group
- Excella Consulting
- Phoenix Bikes
- Revolution Cycles (Clarendon)
- Gibbs & Cox, Inc
- Java Shack
- John Snow, Incorporated
- Paramount Group, Inc
- The Nature Conservancy
- Courthouse Tower, LLC
- SRA International, Inc.
- Winrock International
- International Relief & Development
- Airline Reporting Corporation