Healthify Your Commute
Helping employees, residents and visitors in Arlington County make smart commuting choices can lead to a lot of healthy things – increased productivity, less stress, more money and an improved bottom line for you. Let Arlington Transportation Partners show you how to help your employees healthify their commute! We offer a variety of low cost or free programs that save money while improving mental, physical and fiscal health, all while helping you improve the benefit and amenity programs you offer.
Programs to encourage biking and walking can lead to improved fitness, weight loss and other healthy outcomes.
- WalkArlington Works – encourage the formation of walking groups within your organization.
- Install bike racks/showers/lockers to encourage bicycle usage.
- Include the Capital Bikeshare Corporate Membership program among your benefit offerings.
- Offer a bicycle fringe benefit to encourage the use of bicycle commuting.
For many, using public transportation can be less expensive than driving. Our programs help maximize these cost savings – saving money for both you and your employees, residents or visitors.
- Transportation Fringe Benefits – offering a subsidized or pre-tax transportation benefit can help encourage public transportation use, while saving your organization money on taxes!
- Telework – offering a telework program can encourage savings by having employees work from home on a set basis, saving on transportation costs, and operating costs for you!
- Vanpool – organizing vanpools and carpools not only helps ease congestion on the road, it can also save you and your employees money by sharing the cost of gas, parking, etc.
Promoting alternative transportation modes can lead to reduced stress, more free time and improved quality of life.
Individuals who bike to work arrive less stressed and more alert than those who drive alone. Happier employees tend to stay with their employers longer, reducing the high costs associated with losing and recruiting staff.
- Alternative Work Schedules – offering a flex schedule or compressed work week can help your employees explore a wider variety of commuting options, and lead to reduced stress.
Make the Change
By utilizing public transportation options instead of driving, commuting time can be used to read, catch up on work or pursue a hobby!
Changing transportation habits is not always easy but it is worthwhile. Just like sticking to an exercise program, taking transit, sharing the ride or biking to work may take a couple of months to become second nature. With our help, your employees can make the change. Contact us now and Healthify Your Commute!